YOGA OM Teacher Training
This is an exciting opportunity--
This is a Level 1 Aerial Yoga teacher training that is a 50-hour (40 contact hours, 10 non-contact hours in the form of pre-reading, classes and outside assignments) comprehensive experiential immersion designed to give the current teacher or serious student an in-depth guide through the techniques and practices of aerial yoga. Sessions will include: aerial yoga practice, practice teaching, lecture, sequencing, spotting techniques, discussion, and questions and answers.
After graduating from Yoga OM Aerial Yoga teacher training course, you will have the skill and confidence to immediately teach your own well-sequenced, stimulating and creative Aerial Yoga classes. You’ll also belong to a pioneering, international community of innovative, fun, and sincere Yoga instructors.
The Course Breakdown
- Aerial Yoga Manual
- How to create a class sequence that is balanced and logical
- Learning aerial yoga moves with focus on key engagements and proper alignment
- Aerial Yoga moves and their purposes – hip openers, forward folds, backbends, inversions
- Restorative versus Strengthening poses in aerial classes
- Conditioning work using aerial apparatus
- Engaging proper muscles, strengthening and stretching in a safe range of movement
- How to balance a multi-level class.
- How to cue and offer modifications.
- How and when to assist.
- Assisting in classes.
- 5 hours of aerial yoga classes and observations
- How to rig and maintain equipment.
- Peer teaching and feedback.
- Applied anatomy.
- Teaching 3 Aerial Yoga classes with supervision and feedback.
- Sequence writing.
- Personal Practice and Self Reflection
- $1,250 Early Bird Pricing, $1,400 after May 7,
$150 Non-Refundable application fee
$100 Cancellation Fee
- Payment Plans are available. Please ask.
- Meet 5 times (once per day) for 40 hours of training
- Attend 5 Aerial Yoga Classes taught by Karlene (included in tuition)
- Teach 3 Aerial Yoga classes to others (supervised, with feedback)
- Written Portion Teaching Methodologies and Self Reflection
- Eligibility to be hired at Yoga OM.
6/22, Friday 6-9pm
6/23, Saturday 8:30-4:30pm
6/24, Sunday 8:30-4:30pm
6/25, Monday 8:30-4:30pm
6/26, Tuesday 8:30-4:30pm
6/27, Wednesday 8:30-1:30pm
Group Fitness or Personal Trainer Certification (optional)
It is helpful if you have prior experience teaching group fitness and/or yoga classes.
Those who want to deepen their yoga practice are welcome.
About Our Guest Teacher -Karlene Linxweiler
She also received her Reiki Level I and Reiki Level II certification, as well as numerous workshops in foam rolling, Thai Yoga, hand balancing, Acro Yoga, and Flexibility. In addition, she has studied dance and gymnastics since childhood. Her passion for movement extends into many different areas to create a program that is fun, unique, and intelligent.
She currently trains all over the Greater Boston area in acrobatics, yoga, Pilates Reformer, ballet and contemporary dance, and the aerial arts, including studying under NECCA and Cirque Body. She has also published one of the first book on the art of Aerial Yoga while fostering a mind-body connection.
Check her bio on Kama Fitness website.