Similar Yang Style Pose
pose provides a holistic and overall body restoration and relaxation which ultimately affects all the meridians
Calms the nervous system Relaxes the mind and body
1. Start in a comfortable position lying on your back.
2. Bring your arms by your sides and your palms up towards the sky.
3. Let your feet fall comfortably open to the sides.
4. Allow your shoulders to relax down to your mat and soften the muscles in your face. Close your eyes.
5. Allow your breath to flow naturally and softly.
6. Focus on releasing tension and surrendering in your body with every exhale.
Legs are spread comfortably apart
Close your eyes
Unclench your jaw
Allow your arms to rest comfortably away from your body
Allow your feet to fall open gently
Keep your palms relaxed and open towards the sky
Soften the muscles in your face
Allow all the muscles in your body to completely relax
Injuries And Modifications
• For students with lower back pain, ask them to bend their knees with their feet flat on the ground; this helps to release pressure from their lower back. The knees can touch if comfortable or keep them further apart. Another option for lower back pain is placing a folded blanket or bolster underneath the lower back area.
• For students with neck or shoulder issues, ask them to place a folded blanket or bolster underneath their neck or shoulders.
• If students are cold, they can place a blanket over themselves.
• If students wish to open their chest more, they can lay on a long bolster.
• Corpse pose can be challenging because it requires a conscious effort to relax and release the mental chatter in the mind. The purpose of the pose is to be fully present in the moment.
Yin Yoga Om Teacher Training© 2021
Get a yoga class now! www.yogaomalaska.com/schedule
For more life-changing blogs, visit our official website.